Description of Service
Change and Access to the Website
To access some of the resources the Website offers, User may be asked to provide certain registration details and information. Those who register are responsible for the security and confidentiality of their own user ID, password, and other related information. You acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website using your information. You agree to notify us of any unauthorized access to the Website or related breach of security.
Usage of Content
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and audio clips, as well as the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by O.U.R., and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without O.U.R.’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the website. The contents of the Website are further protected under United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
The O.U.R. permits and encourages hyperlinks and text links to material on the Website provided User does so in a way that is fair, legal, and does not damage or take advantage of the reputation of O.U.R. The Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to link from your own site to certain resources on the Website, send e-mails or other communications with certain content found on the Website, or allow limited portions of information to be displayed on your own or on certain third-party websites. Any linking must conform with certain practices, including, but not limited to:
- Any text-only link must clearly be marked, “Operation Underground Railroad.”
- The appearance, position, and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the O.U.R. name and trademarks.
- The appearance, position, and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that an entity other than O.U.R. is associated with or sponsored by O.U.R.
- The link, when a user interacts with it, must display this Website full-screen and not within a “frame” of the linked website.
O.U.R. reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to revoke its consent for linked material at any time and without notice.
O.U.R. is not responsible for the information or materials contained on a host site to which the Website is linked. Linking to the Website is intended to be for convenience of reference only and is not intended to be used as an endorsement by O.U.R. of either the organization or individual hosting the website, nor as a warranty of any type regarding the hosting website or its contents.
User understands that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“Content”) present on the Website and publicly viewable is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. O.U.R. does not bear any risk or liabilities for such Content that you personally upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise affiliate with the Service. Content must, in its entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. You agree that any Content submitted through the Service or on the Website does not:
- Contain information that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other propriety right of any party.
- Make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation that may cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, alarm, or needless anxiety to any other person.
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Contain any material likely to deceive any person, including giving the false impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by a certain person or entity or an actual impersonation of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an O.U.R. official, forum leader, guide, or host, or otherwise falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Advocate, promote, or assist in any illegal activity or unlawful act.
- Contain any information regarding candidates for public office, political parties, or elections of office-holders. Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or advertising.
- Contain software viruses or other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- Disrupt or negatively affects a user’s ability to engage in real time exchanges and interactions with the Website or the Service.
- Harvest, collect, and/or store personal data about other users.
Social Media Sites
O.U.R. social media channels, including but not limited to, the Facebook pages for O.U.R., O.U.R.’ YouTube channel, O.U.R.’ LinkedIn Page, and O.U.R.’ mobile app are social media locations for community members to connect to and learn about O.U.R. through information, press releases, and pictures and video concerning O.U.R. initiatives and programs. Through these social media accounts, O.U.R. hopes to be able to spread this information in a convenient way and foster open and respectful dialogues regarding how to stop human trafficking and related issues and topics.
O.U.R. reserves all rights relating to the company's social media channels, including, but not limited to:
- Adding, removing, or modifying any content;
- Blocking harassing and disruptive users;
- Discontinuing any of our social media channels at any time.
O.U.R. does not warrant that the information on these social media channels is complete, reliable, useful, or otherwise accurate. Further, O.U.R. does not create nor control any opinions or statements expressed by others within its social media channels, including those that Follow, Like, re-Tweet, re-post, or otherwise share O.U.R. content therein, nor does any similar action undertaken by O.U.R. concerning another user’s content constitute an endorsement of that user.
The Website may also have links to social media accounts concerning local-area O.U.R. events and programs, but these are not created or operated by O.U.R. staff members, and any Content on these social media accounts are not considered to be endorsed by O.U.R.
User Submissions and Content
By submitting Content to any part of the Website or via the Service where such Content is viewable to the public, User agrees that such submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary for all purposes. By providing any such submission, any material will be deemed and remain the property of O.U.R. You represent and warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted O.U.R. a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, display, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and create derivative works from Content in any media or medium, form, or forum known of hereafter developed.
Monitoring, Enforcement, and Termination of Content
O.U.R., however, cannot guarantee it reviews all material before it is posted on the Website or through the Service, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding any transmissions, communications, or material provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Content available on the Website or through the Service may include material provided by or received from third parties. O.U.R. does not permit the use of content on its websites that infringes on the trademark or copyrights of others and will remove any such content if properly notified of such violation in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
To notify O.U.R. of alleged copyright or trademark infringement on any O.U.R. affiliated website, send a written communication to the designated agent for such claims at the following address:
Legal Department Operation Underground Railroad, Inc. PO Box 57338 Salt Lake City, UT 84157
In your notice, please provide ALL of the following information (as required by 17 U.S.C. §512 (c)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receiving the above information, O.U.R. will promptly investigate and take appropriate action, then notify you of the undertaken action at the provided contact address.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
User acknowledges that the opinions and recommendations contained in the Website are not necessarily those of O.U.R. or likewise endorsed by O.U.R. All statements and opinions expressed in these materials, as well as all articles and responses to questions and other content, save content expressly provided by O.U.R., are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials.
The Website may provide links to other sites which are not under the control of O.U.R. These links are provided for convenience and reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by O.U.R. We are not responsible or liable to you or any other third party for the content, usefulness, or accuracy of any material provided by a third party. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
THE WEBSITE, AND ALL DATA, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, CONTENT, USER CONTENT, REFERENCE SITES, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. NEITHER O.U.R. NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH O.U.R. WARRANTS ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE WITH RESPECT TO COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY. FURTHERMORE, NEITHER O.U.R. NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH O.U.R. REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS AND EXPECTATIONS.
O.U.R. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER OR ASSOCIATED COMPUTER EQUIPMENT DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR OF ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED OR DOWNLOADED BY USING THE WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING AND IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT SAFEGUARDS TO SATISFY YOUR OWN PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION AND DATA RECOVERY.
O.U.R. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS, AND SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL O.U.R., NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR VOLUNTEERS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES), OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OF, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THIS WEBSITE OR OTHER WEBSITES TO WHICH IT LINKS (INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS). THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS VIEWED OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEBSITE OR ANOTHER LINKED WEBSITE THAT APPEAR TO YOU OR ARE CONSTRUED BY YOU TO BE OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OR INFRINGING ON YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT WILL O.U.R. OR THIRD PARTIES THAT CONTRIBUTE INFORMATION TO THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE OF SUCH INFORMATION, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preference. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately. Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for recordkeeping and other purposes.
What cookies do we use and why?
The cookies used on our site are categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
“Strictly Necessary” cookies let you move around the site and use essential features like secure areas and donation processing functions. Without these cookies, information or services you have asked for cannot be provided. Please note that these cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you have entered on donation forms when you navigate to different pages during a web browser session;
- Remember the donation amounts you provided when you get to the checkout page;
- Identify you as being logged in to our site;
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the site works;
- To route users to specific applications of a service or specific server.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies, you may not be able to use the site or its functionality, nor can we be certain that our site security controls will function properly or fully during your visit.
“Performance” cookies collect information about how you use our site (e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors). These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you directly and are used only to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use Performance cookies for:
- Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our sites are used;
- Ad Response Rates: To see how effective our advertisements are, including those pointing to our sites;
- Error Management: To help us improve the site by measuring any errors that occur;
- Testing Designs: To test distinctive designs of our sites;
- Content Management: To help optimize the delivery of certain media, such as video.
Some of our Performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. Where this is the case, we don't permit the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our site, you accept the use of “Performance” cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how the site will perform for you.
“Functionality” cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you've applied;
- Remember volume settings when playing video.
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties. Where this is the case, we don't permit the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
“Targeting” cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. These cookies are placed on our site by our third-party advertising service providers partners. They may be used to build a profile of your interests and provide you with relevant information related to the O.U.R. mission, including fundraising efforts or events which might be of interest to you. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
We use Targeting cookies to:
- Link to social networks, like Facebook, that may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on third party websites;
- Provide information to third party data aggregators for the purposes of combining data we collect from you through online cookies and other technologies with other de-identified data (such as a hashed, non-readable email or postal address) in order to target advertisements and outreach to you based on your preferences or other information, to perform audience research and/or to create of audience segments.
You can control whether these cookies are used but blocking them may prevent us from offering you some services or targeted advertising.
How a user can opt out of having cookies placed on their device(s)?
Can I withdraw my consent?
Consent to Electronic Communications
Waiver and Severability
Last Modified: May 11, 2022